NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Nuclear Program (NUC) > NUKE = NUCLEAR POWER FIELD

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
skynet

skynet is on a distinguished road
Question Nuke... how hard is it to get it?

Hey everyone, I'll be getting my Bio BS degree in june and was thinking of enlisting as a nuke(I was particularly interesting in becoming an ET ).

I am aware that the age limit is 25 and i'll turn 24 in june so i know i'm really pushing it.. so is there a chance that I wont be qualified for any nuke jobs because of my age?

I dont want to go through ODS because I want to avoid the competition since i'm already at a risk with my age and all... If I apply and get rejected for ODS, I'll probably go over 25 so I want to take the safer side of enlisting.

also, how hard is it to get assigned ET? If I score really well on ASVAB, will they let me choose one of the nuclear field jobs or will they just throw me one that they need the most out of them?
skynet is offline   Reply With Quote