NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 11-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #1
SoCal AECF

SoCal AECF is on a distinguished road

quick question, I leave on the 10th omg it's tomorrow... and anyway, I've been hearing that they shut down some parts of boot camp for christmas, what happens in the holiday time?
SoCal AECF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:52 AM   #2
vabchsue

vabchsue is on a distinguished road

My son was there over Christmas. Because he was PIR early in the New Year, he and the other Sailors that were PIR at that time were adopted out to community groups in the area and had a really nice day. It included a nice Christmas dinner, going to see a movie and a few other things. I'm hoping that they're still doing that for the Sailors.
vabchsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

They USED to be able to have family members see their sailors during that time...my son did back in the day...his brother went there and took him out for the day. From what I hear now, they can sign up to go with a church group for meals and fun..the list is given to the sailors to pick from I think about 3 weeks prior. They stopped the families as it got to a point too many were VERY late getting back to base! Some even went AWOL, so ruined it for eveyone else.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
vabchsue

vabchsue is on a distinguished road

So Sue - your son was also there over Christmas and was treated to a really nice day too, eh? It made his day better also I'm sure.
vabchsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
QMGSmom

QMGSmom is on a distinguished road
Default My son just left yesterday

I wish I knew about this thread before he left. He is EOD, and has had a lot of training friends fill him in about Boot Camp the last year, and our neighbors kid just graduated 12-27 so he does have some insight for what to expect. He has been physically training for a long time and in good shape.

Thank you for this site...

Mom
QMGSmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
ZachsDad

ZachsDad is on a distinguished road

I read this a few days ago and had my son read it too. He got to day 4 and must have got tired of reading!

Got a question about P-1 to P-2. My son arrived last night and called his mom at 12 midnight PST--2AM in GL. Is this considered P-1? P-2 will be 00:00 Friday morning?

If he has a full division I hope to follow his day to day routine starting with his arrival this morning. Whoever wrote all this down, thank you!!
ZachsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
QMGSmom

QMGSmom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachsDad View Post
I read this a few days ago and had my son read it too. He got to day 4 and must have got tired of reading!

Got a question about P-1 to P-2. My son arrived last night and called his mom at 12 midnight PST--2AM in GL.
I tried to get my son to read this too but he was too focused on just getting there. He called me at 1am EST, so midnight GL time. From your post they must have had a lot of recruits if he called you 2 hours later.

Good luck to yours,,, This certainly isnt easy..

Last edited by Craig; 01-19-2012 at 06:46 PM.
QMGSmom is offline   Reply With Quote