NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
shannoneliz

shannoneliz is on a distinguished road

If you don't want them to cut your hair in boot, make sure you cut it short enough so that it'll meet regs the entire time you're there 'cause you'll be going to get haircuts a few times. I cut mine about chin length before I left and they didn't touch mine.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
cire

cire is on a distinguished road

If your hair is that important to you, then don't join the military. Everyone makes sacrifices to be in the military, your hair is no difference. The recruiter probably didn't say anything because he (and the Navy) can care less about your hair. You don't join a hair club, you are joining the military.

but don't worry, you are NOT the only one who thinks that. When I went through boot camp you would NEVER see more girls crying than on hair cutting days.. lol it was pretty funny

Quote:
mack_it_nasty: my boyfriend wouldnt like that gee.
geeMA: the hell? you told me you were single. lol
mack_it_nasty: oh did i...
geeMA: i got trolled
Old 02-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
TYWong

TYWong is on a distinguished road

I have super long hair, and I was joking around with some future sailors about entertaining the thought of buzzing all my hair off and going all GI Jane, and someone said something along the lines of 'You're not allowed to do that' I wasn't really paying attention to this comment because I was then seriously contemplating it. Wonder if it's true?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
shannoneliz

That's true, actually. "Hairstyles shall not be outrageously multicolored or faddish, to include shaved portions of the scalp (other than the neckline)"
Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #5
TYWong

TYWong is on a distinguished road

Aw man, having my dreams crushed. Haha!

I guess I'll be going in with short hair. Seeing more and more ladies just hack all their hair off. Makes sense when you only get a couple minutes to hygiene and you don't want to be the last one out of the head...
Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 AM   #6
shannoneliz

Yeah, I definitely don't miss that rush in and out of the head. I started taking my toothbrush to the shower 'cause I never had time to brush my teeth at night otherwise, lol. Was a bit of a shock the day of graduation when we actually had time to get ready and were allowed shampoo (my division was only allowed bodywash until after battle stations) and hairdryers and straighteners and makeup...everyone looked 100% better.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
Mparker181

Mparker181 is on a distinguished road

Do females still have to get there haircutt? I've been hearing a few different things recently
Closed Thread