NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Nuclear Program (NUC) > NUKE = NUCLEAR POWER FIELD

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
SailorSavy

SailorSavy is on a distinguished road
Default Staff Pickup at NNPTC

I am in A School at the moment. ET. My goal is to end up on Submarines. As a female I know that they are just now in the process of phasing women onto subs so it's a bit more of a selective process.
I was told that getting staff pickup in prototype would give me a better chance of being sent to a sub. What I'm wanting to know is how do I go about becoming staff pickup and when this process would begin, what would be involved, etc. Really any information anyone could share about Staff Pickup would be greatly appreciated.
I do understand that I would need to Star-Reenlist but that's not an issue. I was already planning for that.
Thank you!
SailorSavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
drego86

drego86 is on a distinguished road

Once you get to Prototype the process to become a staff pickup will begin once you get through "off crew" and are assigned to a crew. You will then let your staff adviser know that you want to be picked up as staff. Your staff adviser will then help you make a package and then you'll submit it up the chain of command. You'll wait a few weeks and you'll have an interview with the head of the staff training group.

You'll know within a few weeks after that if you got picked up or not. You'll have to qualify fairly fast and do well on the exams if you want the best chance at getting picked up.
drego86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #3
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

What my son told me was that it helps greatly if you are always at or very near the top of your class through out your training there .. from A school on. Plus your evals need to be excellent as well.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female, pickup, spu, staff, submarine