NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Nuclear Program (NUC) > NUKE = NUCLEAR POWER FIELD

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #1
Atom_breaker

Atom_breaker will become famous soon enough
Default Ask me anything about NNPTC

Hey guys! It's been so long since I have posted, well for good reason, this school takes up *ALOT* of time. Well I am halfway now and have some extra time on my hands.. ask me everything you want to know!

Hyman G. Rickover

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Winston Churchill
Atom_breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #2
shortstuff

shortstuff is on a distinguished road

How many different subjects are they teaching at once? Is everything being taught simultaneously or do they finish one thing and start something new?

Ship Date: 20160112
Nuke Field

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
-Winston Churchill
shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
cobalt
**Active Duty**

cobalt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
How many different subjects are they teaching at once? Is everything being taught simultaneously or do they finish one thing and start something new?
A school - 1 subject at a time
P school - 3 at a time
Prototype - heres a bunch of books and a lecture or two a week good luck.
cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:34 AM   #4
Atom_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
Cobalt said it perfectly. As a wire (EM or ET) you will have five total classes in A school. For a short period at the beginning you will have two classes simultaneously but one is just a math review course. If you are a Mechanic (MM) there are less classes due to A school being shorter. I want to say it is three total, but I may be incorrect, I am an EM so I know more specifics about our side of the schoolhouse.

Hyman G. Rickover

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Winston Churchill
Old 08-06-2015, 06:48 AM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Anything *unclassified* about NNPTC haha

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:52 AM   #6
Atom_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Anything *unclassified* about NNPTC haha

/r
CTT1
Delicate walk that is.. I wanted to describe the order the classes are presented however..

On the other hand.. I thought about posting some pictures from around the area.. not sure how that might go over.. Our "site" Was built in an old swamp plantation, and we have really scenic views, and interesting animals. I'll make an album soon. On that note Griffin.. Would pictures of trails leading to berthing be taboo?

Hyman G. Rickover

Winston Churchill

Last edited by Atom_breaker; 08-06-2015 at 06:53 AM. Reason: spellcheck
Old 08-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #7
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom_breaker View Post
Delicate walk that is.. I wanted to describe the order the classes are presented however..

On the other hand.. I thought about posting some pictures from around the area.. not sure how that might go over.. Our "site" Was built in an old swamp plantation, and we have really scenic views, and interesting animals. I'll make an album soon. On that note Griffin.. Would pictures of trails leading to berthing be taboo?
I would ask your security folks beforehand. Can't tell you how many cameras I had to confiscate while at Corry for similar stuff. But to stay on the safe side I would avoid taking any pictures of facilities on base and posting them unless it's something like the NEX or other generally publicly accessible space.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #8
sidewinder_x5

sidewinder_x5 is on a distinguished road

sorry to kind of bump a dead thread, but this is regarding space in the BEQ.

All of my earthly belongings fit in my trusty backpack and this old ratty suitcase that I have. My backpack I can get when my parents visit for PIR, but this suitcase, which contains pretty much all my civvies and some trinkets, I was planning on having my uncle ship it over to NNPTC.

A: Would there be a problem with this i.e. anyone higher up the chain would see this and say no?

and

B: would there be enough space to kind of stash it away without taking up too much space?

worst comes to worst, ill just end up donating all my old clothes, but i would really like to keep my sneaker collection...
Switch to NF: 20150309
Ship Date: originally 20150916, now 20151104
sidewinder_x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:21 PM   #9
drego86

drego86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder_x5 View Post
sorry to kind of bump a dead thread, but this is regarding space in the BEQ.

All of my earthly belongings fit in my trusty backpack and this old ratty suitcase that I have. My backpack I can get when my parents visit for PIR, but this suitcase, which contains pretty much all my civvies and some trinkets, I was planning on having my uncle ship it over to NNPTC.

A: Would there be a problem with this i.e. anyone higher up the chain would see this and say no?

and

B: would there be enough space to kind of stash it away without taking up too much space?

worst comes to worst, ill just end up donating all my old clothes, but i would really like to keep my sneaker collection...
As long as you're not getting items that are banned from the BEQ rooms, no one will care what you get shipped to you. You get a closet and other furniture that should be able to fit a suitcase worth of stuff in it.
drego86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

As far as your sneaker collection...depends on how many you are talking about...just know when you do finish all your training you will be sent to either a carrier or a sub,,,both have very limited space to store stuff.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:09 AM   #11
CoolHandL

CoolHandL is just really niceCoolHandL is just really nice

BTW, your parents won't be able to give you your backpack unless they come to the airport to see you off after PIR. Then you will be in dress uniform and anything you carry has to accessorize with that. IIRC, a backpack must to be black.
It doesn't sound like you have too much stuff, but the suitcase might be difficult to stow.
CoolHandL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #12
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by drego86 View Post
As long as you're not getting items that are banned from the BEQ rooms, no one will care what you get shipped to you. You get a closet and other furniture that should be able to fit a suitcase worth of stuff in it.
Oh man, we just had a huge "Health and Wellness" inspection a few weeks ago. Everyone rooms got checked. It was crazy. So much booze found.

NUKE WAIVER SIGNED: 20140904
SHIPDATE: 20150128
GRADUATION: 20150206
ASCHOOL GRADUATION: 20150925

Let me know if you have any questions on the pipeline! -ETN3 Nicknyte
Nicknyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #13
Poonmonsoon182

Poonmonsoon182 has much to be proud ofPoonmonsoon182 has much to be proud ofPoonmonsoon182 has much to be proud ofPoonmonsoon182 has much to be proud of

Do they announce inspections or was it a total surprise?

NF 20151221
Poonmonsoon182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #14
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonmonsoon182 View Post
Do they announce inspections or was it a total surprise?
Total surprise. I was in the middle of cleaning the Rickover (T-Track) and then all students were told to leave the building immediately except for married sailors. Power Schoolers left in the building assumed everyone elses watch, and all the BEQs were inspected. No notice whatsoever.

NUKE WAIVER SIGNED: 20140904
SHIPDATE: 20150128
GRADUATION: 20150206
ASCHOOL GRADUATION: 20150925

Let me know if you have any questions on the pipeline! -ETN3 Nicknyte
Nicknyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a school, hold, nnptc, nuke, ttrack