NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp > Pass In Review (Graduation)

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
freeto16

freeto16 is on a distinguished road
Default family bringing stuff

so my a school will be in texas do you think i'll get to spend time with my family or do you think i'll leave right away? can they bring me my cell phone, and laptop and clothes? any info would be great
freeto16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

You will find out if you are "grad-n-go" about 3/4 of the way through boot. If that is the case you will get a few hours with your family, I would suggest they meet you at the airport and then they can give you your cell phone and laptop. As far as clothes, dont have them bring any, you cant wear them anyway until you make it through at least phase one of your A school.(each command has their own rules) By then you will have a mailing address they can ship stuff to you. If you are NOT grad-n-go, you will get to spend time with them after your PIR and then again on Saturday until about 8 pm..it all depends on when they plan on sending you to your A school. But they can still meet you at the airport to give you your cell and laptop.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

You won't be a grad-n-go if your A School is in Texas... the only grad-n-go sailors are those moving across the street to NSTC for A School in Great Lakes. You will have Friday afternoon and evening with your family, and will have to be back in your compartment at around 1930 I think. DO NOT bring back any contraband... this includes cell phones, civilian clothes, food, etc. Around the last week of basic, you'll go to pick up your orders and find out what time Saturday you'll actually be leaving... most likely you'll be boarding a bus any time between 0100 and 0600... and your flight probably won't be until 1800 that evening. A lot of sailors have their parents meet them at the airport during that time to give them electronics... but, as was mentioned above, don't bother with clothes.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
johnplisac32
**Active Duty**

johnplisac32 is on a distinguished road

how does it work when your a school is in great lakes ? can my girlfriend bring my cell phone and laptop to me ? will i transfer right after pir or the next day ?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplisac32 View Post
how does it work when your a school is in great lakes ? can my girlfriend bring my cell phone and laptop to me ? will i transfer right after pir or the next day ?
After PIR, everyone goes back to their compartments... those moving on to other A Schools around the country will sign out and leave on liberty... those going to A School in Great Lakes will grab their belongings and wait to board a shuttle over to NSTC. Upon arrival at NSTC, you'll get a brief and get assigned a barracks and room, then you'll get liberty. Friday, you'll probably get out on liberty later, but you'll get all day Sat and Sun, whereas everyone flying out will be on a plane and gone Saturday. Once you check in over at NSTC, you'll be able to bring your cell phone and electronics back Friday night... unless they tell you otherwise.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote