NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Interior Communications Electrician B230, K100

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 01-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
adrian06

adrian06 is on a distinguished road
Default C School location

Where is the C school for IC located and how long?
adrian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:34 AM   #2
JakeC

JakeC is on a distinguished road
Default IC C School

http://www.cool.navy.mil/usn/enliste...o_cards/ic.pdf

Looks like it's located in Great Lakes!
JakeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
contigo26

contigo26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeC View Post
http://www.cool.navy.mil/usn/enliste...o_cards/ic.pdf

Looks like it's located in Great Lakes!
That's the A School Only. C School is variable depending on needs of Navy and can be in different states which we dont know. Although i've heard alot of the C Schools are in San Diego.
contigo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:48 PM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by contigo26 View Post
That's the A School Only. C School is variable depending on needs of Navy and can be in different states which we dont know. Although i've heard alot of the C Schools are in San Diego.
It varies by rate as to C-school location, but usually they will be in Fleet Concentration Areas (ie Norfolk, Pensacola, San Diego, other major Navy areas).

While you may get a C-school if they need you to have one for your assignment, it's a little less common for you guys versus some other rates since a lot of your training can be done locally through whatever area you're in. There are school houses for all kinds of things at or near major bases, so a lot of your training can be done in the Fleet without having to leave for somewhere else.

You won't know if you'll need a C-school anyway until you have a better idea of where they're sending you. The purpose behind C-schools is to get you that extra training to perform whatever job you're going to be filling at your eventual command. Obviously not everyone does the exact same job, so you may or may not need extra training depending on where you'll be going and what they'll need you to do once you get there.

/r
CTT1
Old 01-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #5
adrian06

adrian06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
It varies by rate as to C-school location, but usually they will be in Fleet Concentration Areas (ie Norfolk, Pensacola, San Diego, other major Navy areas).

While you may get a C-school if they need you to have one for your assignment, it's a little less common for you guys versus some other rates since a lot of your training can be done locally through whatever area you're in. There are school houses for all kinds of things at or near major bases, so a lot of your training can be done in the Fleet without having to leave for somewhere else.

You won't know if you'll need a C-school anyway until you have a better idea of where they're sending you. The purpose behind C-schools is to get you that extra training to perform whatever job you're going to be filling at your eventual command. Obviously not everyone does the exact same job, so you may or may not need extra training depending on where you'll be going and what they'll need you to do once you get there.

/r
CTT1
So even if I signed a 6 year contract for IC/ATF, there is a chance I won't even need to go to C school?
adrian06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
contigo26

contigo26 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian06 View Post
So even if I signed a 6 year contract for IC/ATF, there is a chance I won't even need to go to C school?
No. You will get a C School as a 6 year or even a 4 year contract. When you graduate A School and when orders get processed, you can get sent out to the fleet right away or send you to C School if your ship needs an NEC. A class i know most of their 6 year's got orders right away and were sent out to the fleet and some received orders to C School after they finish while they are underway.

4 year contract can get a C School. A few i know received a C School so it really depends.
contigo26 is offline   Reply With Quote