NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Ratings (Jobs) ~ Seaman > Master-at-Arms B640

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
freeto16

freeto16 is on a distinguished road
Default Soon to be MA

I ship out July 9th for bootcamp and my rate is MA. i'm very excited about that and just looking for some info and advice. Also I am in a group on facebook, its an MA group and see people talking about different orders and what not and was wondering what kind of different jobs there was as a MA and where are places I should try to go? I want jobs and places that will help me in the law enforcement field when I get out!
freeto16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
camfurr

camfurr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeto16 View Post
I ship out July 9th for bootcamp and my rate is MA. i'm very excited about that and just looking for some info and advice. Also I am in a group on facebook, its an MA group and see people talking about different orders and what not and was wondering what kind of different jobs there was as a MA and where are places I should try to go? I want jobs and places that will help me in the law enforcement field when I get out!
If you want to do law enforcement, I would definitely select a billet with more MA responsibilities. Go to Europe if its offered to you, and if not, go to Bahrain. I promise you that they will have a lot of Bahrain billets. You may not enjoy it for the first couple of months, but getting an overseas tour out of the way is the way to go. And don't go PRP if you actually wanna do law enforcement type stuff. They will ask for volunteers, don't volunteer
camfurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
F/S-MARodriguez

F/S-MARodriguez is on a distinguished road

Don't go PRP if you want to enjoy your life for the next four years. As an FYI, you won't be doing law enforcement as a junior sailor, you'll be doing Anti-terrorism & force protection. You'll do some LE after about a year at your command when you can get patrolman qualifications.
F/S-MARodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
freeto16

freeto16 is on a distinguished road

have you or do you know anyone who has been stationed in Bahrain? howd they like it and whats it like being stationed overseas? how long would I be gone for would it depend on my orders or what?
freeto16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
F/S-MARodriguez

F/S-MARodriguez is on a distinguished road

I never have been but can't think of a better place to go on your first tour. If you're afraid that it's dangerous over there, don't be, Bahrain is not where people go to die. You'll make a ****-ton of money there too.
F/S-MARodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
wdpballer

wdpballer is on a distinguished road

wish i can be an MA
wdpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

Welcome Aboard! Congrats on the rate!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
johnplisac32
**Active Duty**

johnplisac32 is on a distinguished road

congrats and welcome
Old 06-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #9
Luckiethirteen

Luckiethirteen is on a distinguished road

My husband went to Bahrain for a year on an IA billet. (He is an MA2) If you have any questions just either private message me or write on here and I'll have him answer them!
Luckiethirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:47 AM   #10
sporkhey

sporkhey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeto16 View Post
well if you want law enforcement when you get out, dont become a corrections officer. its boring. you wont be excited to go to work every day
sporkhey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
july 9, july shipper, master at arms