NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
SR.AO

SR.AO is on a distinguished road
Default How/When Will My Wife Get Her ID?

Hey guys....Does the Navy send a package for my wife to go to the nearest base to get her Military ID? Also, what documents does she need to get it? How long after I'm gone can she get the ID? How can she get on base without a sponsor to get the ID? Thanks!

"To Those Of You Unwilling To Stand Behind Our Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, and Marines, I Cordially Invite You To Stand In Front Of Them..."
SR.AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
Kim

Kim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR.AO View Post
Hey guys....Does the Navy send a package for my wife to go to the nearest base to get her Military ID? Also, what documents does she need to get it? How long after I'm gone can she get the ID? How can she get on base without a sponsor to get the ID? Thanks!
She will get a packet in the mail several weeks after you get to boot. Actually, you are the one that will address it to her and send it out. I don't remember exactly what I had to have.... it was something like two forms of ID so I think I had my SS card and DL. I also had my marriage certificate. The form she gets will tell her all that. She can go to any military base and get a visitors pass before entering the gate. When getting the pass she will need to know the license plate number and have the current registration and insurance for the car. Your best bet really is to go to a Navy base if she can. Sometimes other branches like to make things more difficult. I've also heard that Navy bases take better quality pictures than other branches. I got mine done at an AF base and it looks awful! The same time she gets the paperwork to get her ID she'll get the paperwork for the dental program.

If she has any other questions that we can't answer... the recruiter can always help. I went to Derek's recruiter after he left and got directions on where to go and all that. Have her PM me while you are gone if she needs anything.

If I remember anything more... I'll add it. Really just tell her to take a deep breath and relax. Its only as stressful as you make it. Oh, and tell her to memorize your SS #. It makes life easier.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
SR.AO

SR.AO is on a distinguished road

The only issue with that is dont I have to take our marriage certificate to bootcamp with me? Please read the post title "well here's what I'll bringing" maybe you can help out there too Thanks Kim!

"To Those Of You Unwilling To Stand Behind Our Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, and Marines, I Cordially Invite You To Stand In Front Of Them..."
SR.AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:57 AM   #4
KYmom

KYmom is on a distinguished road

Have her keep a copy of the Marriage license or you take the copy and she keep the original.
KYmom is offline   Reply With Quote