NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
LENNY0861

LENNY0861 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHolySOul View Post
Today's "bootcamp" is a JOKE, RTC is what they call it. Easy mode, I WANT CHALLENGE, ADVERSITY, AND SOMETHING THAT WILL MAKE ME PUSH MYSELF. I honestly do not see that happening physically in boot, maybe a little mental adjustment but that's about it... their minimum is like 40 something 1-2 minutes? JOKE. These people need to be prepared for a warring nation. Battle stations, because there are so many countries that want us DEAD. Seriously.
if you think you are that tough and want it hard why dint you join the Marines?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnKPpNArrdg

that's the first day, and it gets really bad from there. The navy is the easiest of the services for boot camp, it used to be the air force when it was 6 weeks basic, I was in the af. the air force now thinks its the army and switched up basic to 8 weeks, and the get a m16 from day one, the army is still the army, pretty ruff training. marines 12 week course nuff said. Navy run a mile and half in 15 minutes? I have 5 stents in my arteries and can do it so before you criticize how easy it is and complain about phone calls home. if you want to call then call if not then dont but don't say its cake because more than likely u guys will be first in line for the phone at boot camp
Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
McHolySOul

McHolySOul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LENNY0861 View Post
if you think you are that tough and want it hard why dint you join the Marines?
I'm perfectly fine using my head to work. Traveling to the places in the world were they still like Americans, but trust me, when sh*t hits the fan, I will switch to a combat role. Just wish Navy RTC was more challenging that way the bucket and mop couch potatoes don't just smoothly sail through...
Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
maggio1994

maggio1994 is on a distinguished road

Well that ruins the 'if you do good on this test maybe we'll give you a phone call' motivation.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

When I go to boot camp, like everyone else, I'll be facing two options. One, I can piss and moan about how I'm not being slapped around hard enough, irritate my RDCs by insisting they go tougher on me because I'm not feeling challenged, and generally make a giant dick of myself with grand proclamations of my own status as the Hardest Recruit Ever In Navy History.

Option two: If I think I can give more than the training requires of me, I can learn something about SELF-discipline and SELF-motivation by pushing beyond the minimum, and challenging myself rather than skating through. I can strive to be not just acceptable, but excellent. I might get spared a lot of personal attention from a RDC shouting sweet nothings at me, and I can use that time to help the rest of my division kick ass so NOBODY has to hear it.

When the world "lowers" its standards, you are absolutely NOT required to lower your own.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #5
Malarkey

Malarkey is on a distinguished road

People who wanted gung-ho: Do you realize you're joining the Navy?! Like other people said, go join the Marines or become a SEAL. I'd bet many wouldn't make it.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #6
shannoneliz

shannoneliz is on a distinguished road

Lol, why join the navy if you think it's such a joke? If you haven't been to boot yet, you shouldn't be complaining about how easy it is anyway. I know a couple people who had that attitude going in. One burst into tears every time they got IT'ed and got sent home during week 2, the other skated by until the RDCs caught him being a dumbass. He learned his lesson after a 4-hour IT session one day, and 1,000 8-counts the next.

Personally, I wouldn't have turned my nose up at more phone calls. Nobody cares how much of a badass you were in boot camp.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:09 AM   #7
Kristen

Kristen is on a distinguished road

First off its not about being a "badass" that wasnt the point i was making. I wanted to go through the same thing everyone else went through before me. Looking most forward to mail and to those few special phone calls. In my opinion it just takes away from the effect of it all. I wasnt asking to get slammed with IT and get the crap beat out of me, all i wanted was to have the same experience as everyone else before me. I did also choose a hard rate for a challenge.
"It takes a little courage, and a little self-control. And some grim determination, If you want to reach the goal. It takes a great deal of striving, and a firm and stern-set chin. No matter what the battle, if you really want to win, there's no easy path to glory. There is no road to fame. Life, however we may view it, Is no simple parlor game; But its prizes call for fighting, For endurance and for grit; For a rugged disposition that will not quit."
Navy SEAL Masterchief
Closed Thread