NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 05-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
mlirio

mlirio is on a distinguished road
Unhappy FRUSTRATED

I'm leaving in 3 weeks to go to bootcamp, and I received a phone call yesterday from my recruiter that I need to re-take my ASVAB test on Thursday by next week. The reason that they gave to me is that there is compromised alleged leakage on the test exam. I took my test 8 months ago and i took it only once, i got 64 percent on my AFQT. I only have 1 week preparation for the exam, I'm 30 yrs old more than 10 yrs away from the school, last time i prepare myself to review for the test. I think it doesn't make any sense why they what me to take it again. what if got lower score in my second exam, are they still going to honor my 1st test score. Instead of focusing my bootcamp reading material and strenghtening my physical training, i need to go back again from square one. http://www.navydep.com/forums/images/smilies/What.gif
mlirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

WOW, I never heard of this before, and if you took it so long ago, why are they JUST finding out now there was a problem? I would ask your recruiter to see if you can have a talk with the Chief, and see if they will honor your first score. I really cant see how MEPS could give you a contract without a score on the ASVAB, and dont forget, you DO have a written contract!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
mlirio

Infact we spoke to the chief already, he said our name comes up in the list, 3 in our recruiting office need to retake the test in computer version, we told him if we cheat on the exam we should got higher grade, the other recruits took his exam to 2yrs ago and he got 51% on the asvab, the other 1 took hers 6 months and she got 50%, and we don't know each other it doesn't make any sense, 2 of us leaving with in a month. I did my research and they said you cannot take the test while you are in the DEP, so i don't understand while we have special case and why they are going to bent their rules in this matter.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

This sounds like something Craig might be able to figure out best...but he is gone over this weekend due to his daughter graduating boot for the Air Force... Did the Chief say WHAT the problem was with your ASVAB, or just insinuated you cheated some how? So the computer version he is talking about is like right there at the office? If so, it is my understanding that one is the one all recruiting offices have, kids take that one for PRACTISE! The official ASVAB is most times taken at MEPS, or at a central location with NUMEROUS people taking it and is proctored by all branches of the military.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
mlirio

I took my test at the local armory of the the National Guard here in Bronx, New York. The Chief said that all those who take the test in those area are subject for retake because of the "alleged leakage" i don't know how many are we and which branch of military are subject for retake . And now they want us to take the test again via computer version in the fort hamilton in brooklyn, Honestly i don't know if they are just trying to experiment something on this. As far as i remember when i took the test last August of 2011 the proctored is very strick.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
rrushn

rrushn is on a distinguished road

I'm a depper in the NYC area. They're having a big problem here with people cheating on the ASVAB. My recruiter told me that it extends throughout the NYC area and that there's an investigation going on. I don't know why you have to take the ASVAB again but it may be that someone in your office cheated and messed it up for everybody else.
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote