NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > Ratings (Jobs) > Nuclear Program (NUC) > NUKE = NUCLEAR POWER FIELD

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
NavyChristian

NavyChristian is on a distinguished road
Default Is my recruiter 'bs'ing me?

I am new to this website and I have a few questions about the Navy Nuke program that I hope the seasoned members here can help me with. I went in and talked to my recruiter a couple days ago and he looked at my ASVAB and got some scores and plugged them into a formula after I asked about the Nuke Program. The sum of the formula came out to 230. He said that I need a 235 just to be eligible to take the NAPT. I was wondering if that is true or not. In theory if I had a 235 I would only need a 55, the minimum score to pass the NAPT, but if I have a 230, which would make sense to get a 60 on the NAPT. I understand it is more of challenge to aim for a 60 over a 55, but I am willing to take a shot at it if I am able too. Basically do I need a 235 just to take the NAPT or should I call MEPS and try to schedule a time to take the NAPT? I don't want a recruiter to tell me I am ineligible for a program that is my dream to be apart of, if I could really get into it with my current ASVAB score. Please help and any help will be greatly appreciated
NavyChristian is offline   Reply With Quote