NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
ArtooDetoo22

ArtooDetoo22 is on a distinguished road
Default diet while preparing for bootcamp

okay so i know the way im eating isnt healthy, but i still workout and run every single day. Is there any suggestions on what type of meals i should be having? or does what i eat even affect my workouts at all? i just want the best results from my workouts and i want to be prepared when i go to bootcamp. any feedback would be appreciated.
ArtooDetoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
warehimer33

warehimer33 is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same boat as you- pun intended. lol I need a good diet that will help get my body used to boot camp. I am the WORST eater. Ever since I graduated HS in June I've been doing nothing but eating fast food literally every night before bed(the worst thing you can do to your body, I swear). I can't run more than a mile and I can't run it faster than 10 minutes. I'm about to start P90x tomorrow and I also have to start getting used to eating breakfast. I HATE breakfast. It makes me so nauseous to eat in the morning, idk why. But yeah, does anybody have a good diet?

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
warehimer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
maggio1994

maggio1994 is on a distinguished road

Same, since I graduated in December i've been doing pretty much nothing. I never liked working out, I hate breakfast and I don't eat really healthy haha. 2 months til I leavee.
maggio1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
warehimer33

warehimer33 is on a distinguished road

lol. I have at least until January, according to my recruiter. I'm still waiting for a "waiver" to swear in but I am already starting to prepare. Y'all have no idea how much I hate running.

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
warehimer33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
ArtooDetoo22

ArtooDetoo22 is on a distinguished road

i mean, ive been running and working out now for at least 2 or 3 months straight and now i have less than 2 months before i leave, it's just putting me on edge and making me want to be the pt king everytime i workout lol and i can run pretty far without getting winded and i think ill be fine, i just need a new diet before i leave because so far its been nothing but pizza, hamburgers etc. and i dont eat breakfast either unless i get up at 5 am and workout, which hasnt been happening lately but im gonna get back into it
ArtooDetoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
rocky112

rocky112 is on a distinguished road

I'd recommend counting calories for starters. I try not to exceed 1600 calories throughout the day, so even with light workouts I wind up losing a few pounds a week.

Also, don't eat within four hours of sleeping. Have a salad with dinner, and skip the high-calorie ranch, go for an Italian or balsamic. I also try to skimp on excess carbs, so if I feel like a burger I'll just wrap it in lettuce.

I try to leave one cheat day where I allow myself some kind of sweet or salty snack. Most importantly though, don't go too overboard and try to eat like 800 calories a day because if you can't maintain the diet you'll just rebound back to where you started.
rocky112 is offline   Reply With Quote