NavyDEP

Go Back   NavyDEP > DEP & Bootcamp > Bootcamp

Family Members join our new Facebook group sponsored by NavyDEP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rtcgreatlakes

Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
Dianakit12
**Active Duty**

Dianakit12 will become famous soon enough
Default just finished bootcamp :)

If you have any questions, I'll gladly try to help! :3
Dianakit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
kayleeeileen

kayleeeileen is on a distinguished road

How was it?! And how was your PT experience. I know pretty much all I need to as far as my START guide. But PT is my enemy I am not overweight just my wekness is PT. How much did you work out each day? And what were the hardest parts?
kayleeeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the "other side" SAILOR!

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Dianakit12
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleeeileen View Post
How was it?! And how was your PT experience. I know pretty much all I need to as far as my START guide. But PT is my enemy I am not overweight just my wekness is PT. How much did you work out each day? And what were the hardest parts?
Overall, it was pretty fun. I mean, I had my fair share of getting yelled at and all, but it wasn't horrible. The PT was hard for me (I was sent into FIT because I failed my final PFA) but you work out in some way every day. It can be in the compartment or at Freedom Hall. I prefered Freedom Hall because it gave us a chance to run and actually work out as compared to just doing stuff in the compartment. It's usually an hour to two hours as far as the length of it goes. PT was the hardest part... otherwise, just listen and you'll do great

And thank you Sweetmtm!! ^_^
Old 08-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back, Sailor! How long did you stick around in GL after PIR before they sent you to Pensacola?

(You're in Pensacola, right?)

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
Dianakit12
**Active Duty**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
Welcome back, Sailor! How long did you stick around in GL after PIR before they sent you to Pensacola?

(You're in Pensacola, right?)
All planes to Pensacola are on hold right now. No one's leaving -.- We dunno how long we're gonna be here, but thank you (:
Old 08-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianakit12 View Post
All planes to Pensacola are on hold right now. No one's leaving -.- We dunno how long we're gonna be here, but thank you (:
Oh damn, didn't even think of that! So everyone is just sitting around up at GL?

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
cttaef21

cttaef21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They just brought us back to base today, so you should be on your way soon...THU is so fun right?
cttaef21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
kayleeeileen

Quote:
Overall, it was pretty fun. I mean, I had my fair share of getting yelled at and all, but it wasn't horrible. The PT was hard for me (I was sent into FIT because I failed my final PFA) but you work out in some way every day. It can be in the compartment or at Freedom Hall. I prefered Freedom Hall because it gave us a chance to run and actually work out as compared to just doing stuff in the compartment. It's usually an hour to two hours as far as the length of it goes. PT was the hardest part... otherwise, just listen and you'll do great

And thank you Sweetmtm!! ^_^
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. =]
Old 09-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
LENNY0861

LENNY0861 is on a distinguished road

My son wanted to know how the bathroom situation is do the stalls have doors, ETC. when i was in the AF we had a dorm guard every 2 hours you would switch with another Do you have that? how did they schedule this?
LENNY0861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
cttaef21

cttaef21 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LENNY0861 View Post
My son wanted to know how the bathroom situation is do the stalls have doors, ETC. when i was in the AF we had a dorm guard every 2 hours you would switch with another Do you have that? how did they schedule this?
Stalls have shower curtains as doors...The showers are half the division going at a time and you have about 5-7 minutes to dress down, shower, dry, and redress...and yes someone will be on watch at all times...There is always a rover, during the day there is one from 0800-1200, 1200-1600, and then every two hours after that, after taps there will also be a nightwatch on 2 hour shifts...The only time there will not be a watch in the compartment is if there is a mandatory event(live fire, fire fighting, battlestations)
cttaef21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
mfarr13

mfarr13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To prepare for PT, the best would be to do about 40 pushups and 60 situps a day, and run for about 2 miles. If you do this 5 or 6 times a week, you should be fine. Start slowly e.g. 10 pushups and 15 situps, and slowly work up to the numbers above. You will find that in bootcamp, due to training and healthy diet, you will easily exceed these numbers provided you have trained before. Just my 2 cents...
mfarr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #13
kayleeeileen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarr13 View Post
To prepare for PT, the best would be to do about 40 pushups and 60 situps a day, and run for about 2 miles. If you do this 5 or 6 times a week, you should be fine. Start slowly e.g. 10 pushups and 15 situps, and slowly work up to the numbers above. You will find that in bootcamp, due to training and healthy diet, you will easily exceed these numbers provided you have trained before. Just my 2 cents...
I do work out and run, but I leave in 30 days so I still worry I won't be ready. But I think I am just overthinking it.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
mfarr13

mfarr13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I do work out and run, but I leave in 30 days so I still worry I won't be ready. But I think I am just overthinking it.
If you work out and run, you should be fine!
mfarr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
ajfederio

ajfederio is on a distinguished road

way to go. im leaving october first. any words of advice for working out and training before shipping out? what was so hard about the pt to you?
ajfederio is offline   Reply With Quote