View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #7
Soulkashi

Soulkashi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
Quals, as in qualifications. These are the items that must be completed by the time your command says it shall. As for the detailers, I would guess it depends on each one, as they are only human. Plus they can only work with what is available to them to work with.
If you cant get your hearts desire and be sent to Japan, what was your reason for enlisting?
School as well is another reason, Im a strong student academically and plan to use my GI bill to become an RN, but I do come from a low/middle class family that cant afford college, I wish there was somewhere they post statistics of Jobs like how often Yokosuka Japan is an open billet for HM's, compared to how many times its not, as well as how many Sailors WANT to go to Japan compared to like a decade ago, my step father said when he was stationed in Yokosuka NOBODY wanted to be there they all just got sent over there due to needs of the Navy Id do anything to be there, my detailer could sent me to Iraq for all i care for a year or 2 as long as hed get me to Yokosuka, other then the Military I have no idea how else to complete my life long dream of living in Japan for a few years

~P.S Thank you for the Replies/Advice
Soulkashi is offline   Reply With Quote