View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
warehimer33

warehimer33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyBash View Post
I know Nukes are definitely singled out while in Boot Camp, so does anybody have any tips on how to avoid getting the blunt force of that? Also, I've been told that the material covered in A-school/Power School/Prototype is like trying to drink from a fire hose; does anyone have any tips on managing time and covering all the material?
Don't quote me on this but I'm working on getting in the field and my dad is an ex-nuke and he told me that all you have to do in A-school, power, and prototype is just stay in and pay attention in class; like don't go out every night. It really shouldn't be that hard. I just think of it like this: The Navy wouldn't qualify somebody they thought wouldn't make it through the training. Take it one day at a time and stay on top of your work(which they literally make sure you do by having you do it in the classroom because it's classified material). He said A-school is a basic review(stuff you've learned in high school) and then "new" material is taught in Power School. It's then all applied to Prototype, where you work with an actual reactor. "Trying to drink from a fire hose", just lol'd at the library. Just stay focused and determined; that'll get you through the training. You need not worry about boot camp. I've heard from countless sources that it's like a cakewalk or daycare.

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan
warehimer33 is offline   Reply With Quote