Thread: 900 divisions
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 09:47 AM   #5
rouhanashi

rouhanashi is on a distinguished road

800 divisions are specwar, 900 is band camp :P
Knowing your 15/16 count manual of arms is extremely helpful for drill team, honestly if you know that the rest is easy. About 2/3 of the drill team had actual drill experience, and even then some of the armed exhibition guys were pretty bad at unarmed drill.

To get into the division at all, they usually ask who wants to spin a rifle or who has experience. They sometimes ask for a demonstration, but I don't know if they do that anymore. It's not a big deal anyways. After that, you're just on the drill team unless you get cut. Most cuts don't happen until about week 4. As for the honor guard, I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure it's the same way.

I left July 7th and I got there the same evening. Don't quote me on this, but I think this week they're forming a new triple threat division. If I'm wrong, then it'll be a staff division. It's staff -> state flags -> triple threat and then it repeats.

Best of luck to you though!! If you have any questions about bootcamp in general I'm still recently graduated and I'm still at rtc on hold.
Graduation Date: 20150904
rouhanashi is offline   Reply With Quote