View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 08:33 PM   #229
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by griggchloe View Post
I'm going to MEPS in on Monday and I am supposed to pick my rate. But, my recruiter and I haven't talked at all about what rate would be the best for me. Is that normal? Or is that something that we should be talking about?'

Ive been looking at CTT, or something in the Crypto field.

Also, If I do get this rate, would 6 years or 4 years be better? I plan on being in for the long haul. But I have heard some controversy over how many years to sign for initially.

Thank you in advance!
Your recruiter and you should absolutely be talking about jobs. That's the entire reason you're there.

(Speaking about CTTs here) As far as 6y vs 4y, the 6y guys are technicians that get extra electronics training in Pensacola. Typically they will be on ships for most of their career. 4y folks have more lateral ability to go between communities (ship, sub, air, etc). If you want more on the technical side than operations, the 6y contract would be better. If you enjoy the operational side more then the 4y route would be better.

/r
CTT1