View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romym15 View Post
The career counselor said it is possibly because my father was from Kuwait (Is that really a disqualifying factor?)
It's not immediately disqualifying, although it requires significantly more paperwork. As long as YOU are a US citizen, you're eligible for an investigation that could result in clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romym15 View Post
My bro called some of his old friends and they said MMs are like slaves almost but I also read online that anything related to engineering is like slave labor.
Your Bro has some bad information. The EM's I know loved what they did and I wouldn't say engineers do anymore work than I did. While they were chasing wires somewhere I was up top disassembling my launchers. While they were fixing the GTE's I would be in my antennas. It's all relative.

There's two things you need to consider about what you got told.
1) The person you asked doesn't sound like they've actually been there and done that.
2) If his friends got out of the Navy, then they probably weren't that invested in it. Which isn't to say they were bad Sailors or anything, but you're asking someone about a job after they made the decision to leave it.

EM's were pretty damn important on my ship. If CIC doesn't have power, under normal conditions or battle conditions, that's kind of a HUGE DEAL. (CIC = Combat Information Center).

Not to mention, the engineering shops were some of the tightest knit groups on the ship. They worked hard, but man, when we hit port? Those guys did liberty right haha

I would take what you hear from 3rd party sources with a grain of salt.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote