View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmosu View Post
Still trying to get myself in shape and have a few more questions...

Running: Do you run every other day? And do you slowely build up to the 2 mile runs?

Yes, you go to Freedom Hall every other day. For the most part you work up as far as running for longer periods of time as the weeks go on, but the PFAs will always be a mile and a half and you run those starting in week 1.

Do you do leg workouts every day or every other day as well?

If you go to Freedom Hall you'll be running unless it's B.A.S.E.S. and even then you'll run some. If you stay in the compartment you'll be doing pushups and situps and jumping jacks and arm circles and all that fun stuff. Not really leg stuff.

How fast paced is the PT? Do you get any periods of rest between sets?

It's fairly fast paced, you don't really get breathers. Generally you switch between ab stuff and arm stuff back and forth.

I've been doing mountain climbers, 8-count bodybuilders and jumping jacks every day for circuit training(as well as numerous others - navy seal videos on youtube). I do the exercises I've found online and it takes me about and hour and a half to get through them and I'm wiped out after doing it all. Do you do those exercises every day??? If so, I don't know that I could keep this up 6 days a week for 7 weeks.

Mountain climbers and 8 counts are not done for PT in a regular division. They're IT - which means that their frequency depends entirely on how much your division/you personally screw up. However, RDCs have a card for IT that says exactly how long they can make someone do this exercise or that one. I never saw an IT session last an hour and a half - but it could depend on the RDC and the mistake in question. IT can get a lot more creative/less physical than 8 counts though.

What happens during a day in bootcamp. Are you always on your feet running around, or do you have periods of time where you're not doing physical activity.

You will be on your feet more often than not but that's not to say there's never down time. You will have lots of inspection practices which mostly involve standing still for long periods of time and you'll always be seated during classes (unless you're falling asleep). You'll probably march several miles a day though.

what happens on Sundays?

Sunday mornings is break time where you're allowed to go to church (you'll still have to march there) or write letters, shine your boots, shower as long as you want etc. You're generally allowed to sit down on the floor during this time but it is a privilege and frequently gets taken away when people are too loud, leave their a&b drawers unlocked, etc etc.

Thanks!
A lot of this can depend on your RDCs/type of division. 800 divs have more challenging IT cards than regular divs. Most of the creative IT that I heard of came from the 900 divs. Things like being told to stand there and yell at your hook (that you forgot to tuck in) until it went it by itself, endless jumping jacks in circles, shaking your mattresses etc . . . Our RDCs told people to watch the clock sometimes but for the most part they went right to the exercises.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote