Thread: BDU Cover
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
nwig

nwig is on a distinguished road

Kim,
I don't know about a video, but I'm pretty sure that a few photos would do the trick for instructions.

Actually, the more I think of it, I forgot that I have a cover for my son that I got when last visiting him. The idea was to be able to send him a newly blocked cover about mid-way into his deployment, so he'd have a refreshed cover.

So you could still send the cover, or I could see about doing the blocking on the cover I have and send you pictures/instructions.

As for not having an oven or dryer rack; if one has a good amount of patience, a workable substitute is a good hair blow-dryer. So if it rains, he could use the blow-dryer to reblock it. I know when I visited James, the blocking job on his cover got pretty washed out when it rained.

Also, since you are working with a large cover, here is a link to what the octagon cover-blocker looks like (not a great picture, but you should be able to get the idea):
http://www.armysurplusworld.com/prod...roductID=43090

But just using this blocker is only part of the equation. I take 2-inch portions of popcicle sticks and use binder-clips (think huge paper clips) to create a really super sharp creases at each of the 8 folds around the top of the cover.

Let me know if you just want pictures of how I do it (might be this weekend before I can get to it) or if you still want to send the cover - either way is fine.
nwig is offline   Reply With Quote