View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
samakb
**Active Duty**

samakb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate0116 View Post
I'm going in as an AECF, and leave on Tuesday. My rating sheet that I got states that you first have an apprenticeship that last 9 weeks, and A school depends on whether or not you take ET or FC. ET is 12 weeks where FC is 17 weeks. As far as C school goes, from what I understand, there are so many sub-categories under ET and FC, and so many different C school locations, etc. that you have to wait to find out where you will be going to C school and the duration of C school. What I do know is that I will be in Great Lakes for ~30 weeks (including boot camp).
From what I've been told and have figured out with ET and FC is that FC is more "elite", but is also out on sea tours more often. Actually, I've heard they're out there a lot. Ultimately, with all the sub-categories and everything else, it just depends on the needs of the navy.
Here's what my rate fact sheet looks like which I got from my recruiter. http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Graphic-Ele...uter-Field.pdf
I hope that helps.
The info sheet you linked is a bit outdated. Here is the latest info sheet: AECF INFO SHEET

Very different time lengths compared to 2008.
samakb is offline   Reply With Quote