View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
usmcTECH

usmcTECH is on a distinguished road

Thank you both for your quick replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
What's going on Devil Dog! Thanks for reaching out.

So on the front of you going straight active, that is very much murky water. I'm telling you this from personal experience as well. Navy Recruiting has a very difficult time handling prior service guys and it involves infinitely more hoops to go straight active from another branch. Why is that? You're guess is as good as mine, but you know how Uncle Sam loves his useless processes and ways of not getting shit done.

That being said, CTN is one of the few rates I really don't have toooo much worry about being able to convert over into AD. Coming from Reserves to AD is usually very difficult, but with CTN manning the way it is there a much larger door open to you.

Check out this website:
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...Pages/CTN.aspx
(If you can't find it in the future, just google "navy community manager" and look under the Information Dominance tab)

That's the Community Managers page. The Community Manager is typically a Master Chief that's in charge of the manning levels for his/her rate. Monthly they put out these PPT slides called Community Overviews. YOU NEED TO REVIEW THESE OFTEN. This is coming directly from the folks making the big decisions, so stay up to date on these. What you need to focus on is your Rank and Year-group. The program you would need to apply for is called "RC to AC" (RC/AC aka Reserve Component to Active Component). Those quotas are usually listed in that PPT slide by rank and year group.

I'll stop here since that's a lot to digest. Hit me up with any questions or drop a line on my Ask A Spook thread in the CT section.

/r
CTT1

CTT1(SW)Griffin: I know going straight from Marine Reserves to Navy Active is kind of an odd situation. Is it even possible to be done by bypassing the middle step of converting to Navy Reserve?

Thank you for that link. I took a look at the manning level documents. It says the current manning for E-5 for sea+shore is 91.3% which doesn't look too good for me, but at least it is still less than 100! It mentions conversion quotas via waypoint and says that for RC/AC for E-5 the YG's they are accepting are 2005-2009. Can you explain what YG is?

Keep the information coming! I can digest it lol, it is really helpful. If you aren't sure on these questions do you have a possible contact number for someone who might be able to answer besides a regular navy recruiting station? I am going to check out a different station after work today to see what they have to say.

-usmcTECH
usmcTECH is offline   Reply With Quote