Thread: Living at DLI
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyhost View Post
Hello! I am shipping 20150428 (CTI). I've read about living at DLI and keep getting different information. Some places say that until we reach a certain level (I think E-5?) we have to live in the barracks... but other places say the DLI specifically has very limited space in the barracks and you will usually be there a few weeks then put in paperwork to live out of the barracks. For the life of me I cannot find where I read it but I remember reading something similar. Is anyone at DLI right now and if so what is the housing situation really like? For a single person. I will be E-3 going into bootcamp because of college credits.
I can't speak to DLI directly, but in general during A-school you're living in the barracks unless you're married. Once you get into the fleet, that's when the E-5 and above comes in since that's when you start getting BAH. If a certain base doesn't have room in the barracks there are situations where they would authorize a housing stipend and you could get off base house (but this is the exception, not the standard).

I would bank on being in the barracks. If they run out of space then they'll address it on a case by case basis, but they'll do what they can to find you a barracks room on base.

/r
CTT1

EDIT:

Per DLIFLC:
Housing: Family housing for DLIFLC students and permanent party is available at OMC and La Mesa Village. Both sites are managed and maintained by The Parks at Monterey Bay. Off-post housing, both for renting and buying is limited and very expensive. Current information concerning family housing may be obtained from The Parks at Monterey Bay - La Mesa (831) 644-0400 or The Parks at Monterey Bay - OMC (831) 392-0740. THE PARKS AT MONTEREY BAY maintains a referral list; so please call for details.
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote