View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGirl1018 View Post
I already have my rating & shipping date. Right now I'm an AM and I leave May 8. Is it to late to change? If it's not how do I go about changing it? Also, I heard its hard for females to get the job. What are the qualifications? Do I have to take a special test (knowledge or physical)?
Funny, you're like me but a girl. When I first joined I picked AM as my job with the goal of getting a dive contract. It is not too late, and actually picking a different job before earning a dive contract is the way it is done most of the time. Speak to your recruiter, tell him/her your interest in becoming a diver and have them give you contact info for your local spec war mentor. To get a ND contract you will need to take a PST (swim, run, push ups, sit ups, and pull ups test) and score well above the minimum requirements. Both makes and females have the same physical standards, we have a girl that does the PST with us (has an AIRR contract) and does 90+ push ups and 12-13 pull ups, so it is very possible for girls to do well. Just to help you gauge where you are, here are the scores that I had when I got my dive contract:
Swim 9:22
Push 80
Sit 65
Pull 15
Run 10:22
Once you get your contract you must continue to take the PST and show constant improvement.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.