View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 06:21 AM   #72
navycatmc

navycatmc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorShelby View Post
Alright, so I hear talk of a "peanut butter" shot at basic. An extremely thick liquid that requires a very large needle I've heard it called a penicillin, Gamma Globulin, and a Bicillin shot. I've read various things about it, some people say it is still given and some people say no they do not give it any longer. I've heard that it goes in your butt and that its extremely painful! What is this shot, and do they still give it? I know this is the last thing I should be worrying about lol, but I just want to be fully prepared and aware.
Don't over think it, that's what going to make you freak out. We all did it (even the people who cry with shots or are just terrified). They DO still give it, our group of divisions got it twice. And you DO want it because there are so many germs floating around that place. It's not extremely painful, just relax, you'll only feel it when the liquid is actually going into your body, then it's just a little sore. You'll be with a group of people (males with males and females with females). If you want to be worried about shots, be worried about the set of 5 or 6 shots you're going to get (I had 3 on each arm). Those ones were a little more painful than the bicilin shot.

"To live will be an awfully big adventure." -Peter Pan
navycatmc is offline   Reply With Quote