View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 06:30 AM   #70
PropertyofBuMed
**Active Duty**

PropertyofBuMed has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdAECF View Post
Is it necessary to have documented? I know it probabily is... But I don't have the insurance or funds or time to have myself checked out. Before I had a tooth pulled, my dentist had me on amox, and I broke out in a minor rash. She said I wa probabily allergic to it, and if so would be highly allergic to pennicillin. I just don't want to have a servere reaction while in bootcamp and risk getting sent home for it.
If you say you got hives after taking penicillin, they're idiots if they try to force you to take the shot, for numerous reasons..

Its whatever though.. its a pretty hefty im shot straight to the glut... but if you can take the shot, just man up and do it. Don't try to cheat the system at RTC just to get out of a little pain, it creates a lot of extra work for the already stressed medical staff there.

As for this Gamma globulin stuff I don't know where that's coming from... that's for allergies and hepatitis.. the 1.2 million units of PCN you get administered at great lakes is for prophylaxis.

if youre feeling really brave you can ask for 2 shots, that's enough to cure syphilis! Oh the possibilities...
PropertyofBuMed is offline   Reply With Quote