Thread: MA Rating Info
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #30
Logicalchaos02

Logicalchaos02 is on a distinguished road

1. MA's do a lot depending on the base you go to. The base I was stationed at I was military police and I stood guard duty. You will be a police officer, sentry at a gate, detainee ops (guard prisoners). You will do all the things a police officer will do depending on the base you are at.
2.I was never stationed on a ship but MA's do not go on ships to often. But from what I am told, you dont do very much.
3. CONUS bases you mostly do police work, OCONUS bases you will do both.
4. 99.9% you will no be deployed to a war zone, you have to choose to go as a Master at Arms. But you will do whatever they tell you to.
5. The job really wasnt what I thought it would be. I thought I would be doing all law enforcement but that wasnt case. I still loved the job but there is a lot more to being a MA then just law enforcement.
6. With all things considered I still would have been a MA. I loved the job and I loved the people I worked with. I think the only reason I would have picked differently knowing what I know now is that MA's get sent to bases that familys cannot go to more often than other rates. So if I would have known that, I still would have been a MA .

Live free or die hard.
Logicalchaos02 is offline   Reply With Quote