Thread: Nuke FY Quota
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
Kgard12

Kgard12 will become famous soon enough

Hi again! I totally agree with Guppy that your son shouldn't just take some random "Filler" job, at least pick out something he could see himself doing instead of Nuke. I talked to the chief today at my recruiting station and he said that they have reached their FY quota for nukes, basically, there are still technically spots open, but they are reserving those spots for recruiting districts that haven't brought in many Nukes. At the beginning of October though, if your son is qualified to go Nuke and has a recruiter who actually cares and is pro-active, then he should have no problem getting one of the new Nuke spots that opens up then if he goes ahead and picks a job now. NOTHING is ever a guarantee, but that is the plan for our DEP Nukes. The reason for the filler job is that the Nuke spots fill up very fast, and if your sons name is already in the pool at MEPS then it will be easier for them to switch him over to Nuke in October, rather than risking him getting back down there to MEPS and having all of the Nuke slots filled again for the month. We are in the same region, as well. Hope that this information helps you out!
Kgard12 is offline   Reply With Quote