View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

I can't imagine why this would ever target me... lol

Yes, these are all true facts. When you sign as a nuke you will start out as E-3 no matter if you have college or not. You will also see an enlistment bonus and be eligible for automatic advancement.

The enlistment bonus (which is at $12,000 right now I believe) is paid out in such a way that you receive 1/3 of it (around $4,000 before taxes) once you complete Nuclear Power School (NPS), and you receive the remaining 2/3 of it (around $8,000 before taxes) upon graduating from Prototype (completed at a Nuclear Power Training Unit or NPTU). In order to receive the bonus you must be in good academic standing (passing grades to graduate), Be in satisfactory physical fitness (have passed your most recent official PFA/PRT), and be in good judicial standing (Not having undergone NJP (Called going to 'captains mast' or simply 'mast', or going to courts martial). If any of these happen while you are at NPTU you will lose the remainder of your bonus AND you have to pay back the portion you have already received.

Lastly, so long as you have met all the same requirements as your bonus (Good academic standing, Passing PRT/PFA, and No record of going to mast) you will be automatically advanced to E-4 following A School Graduation. Should you fail out of later training or go to mast or fail a later PRT you will NOT lose E-4, just your bonus.