View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 01:42 AM   #9
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen a lot of people at A school studying these things (yes, you still need it, and yes, somehow people manage to forget!) very poorly, and the biggest bad habit to avoid is practicing mistakes. If you're reciting an order and you miss a word, STOP, and start over. Don't ever reinforce a mess-up, or it'll be that much harder to get the right one cemented.

As for chain of command, you'll just have to figure out how to do that for the rest of your career. You're always going to need to know who your boss is. When I was in JROTC it was very helpful that we had an actual diagram with pictures in it. Also, try to learn them in groups. For example, RDML Mewbourne and CMDCM Walker of Naval Service Training Command were paired in my mind by the fact that when I first heard it, I thought the admiral's name was Newbourne. Newborns don't Walk. Bam, association: silly, but effective.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote