View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #10
RCCIV

RCCIV is on a distinguished road

I didn't find that being a Mail PO got me any "real" perks like promotion or anything, I just got to leave around 1700-1900 to sort the mail which was nice sometimes. In my division there were no "damage control" PO's.... there was just RPOC,AROC,RMAA(fem),RMAA(male), Section leaders(folding clothes PO) and starboard/port watch. If you have good attention to detail and are looking for a promotion but don't want to take as much heat as the RPOC/AROC take, try to be starboard watch or a top notch section leader. My buddy was starboard watch and he started out boot as an e-1 and left as an e-3. Passed the 1st test (which is a jooooooke) and then got a promotion for having a really on spot deck log

For the old guy: yes, there was a 29 year old and no doubt about it he was old, but he kept up. During the PFA you will be running at your own age related times, which is like 14:30 mile and a half. You'll be fine

General tips for bootcamp: Dont be the know it all, Don't be a dick to your shipmates and just take it one day at a time. It's not super hard.

AME Chatfield
RCCIV is offline   Reply With Quote