View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
classified9
**Active Duty**

classified9 will become famous soon enough
Default WARNO, just so you all know...

Good afternoon,

Just giving you guys an update on some things that are going on. I have had an NF contract since October of 2013 and yesterday my chief called me to tell me that I don't have it anymore.

The explanation I was given was that my line scores were not high enough, and my college degree is in something that isn't tech/engineering related. I was also told that 9 other NF recruits from our district lost their contracts yesterday as well, and as my chief told me and I agree, that this was some call made from high up to shrink the NUC DEP pool a little bit. I think it also has something to do with the standards for NUC going up and I just didn't ship quick enough and got the boot.

I'm definitely not proud of this, there is nothing I could have done to prevent it from happening. I qualified for NF fair and square back in October and this was pulled on me after the fact. Everyone at my station is furious because this really was a luck of the draw. I just wanted everyone to know as a PSA, if you or someone you know just got the axe - you are not alone!

Right now I'm scheduled to take the DLAB next week so I can get in CTI. This sucks, but what sucks more is that I was scheduled to leave a month from now, now I'm hoping I'll get to RTC sometime this fall. I'm keeping the noggin up though, I'll find my way just fine I'm still going to be in good shape.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jimmy V
classified9 is offline   Reply With Quote