View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 10:37 AM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerrrbc View Post
Then why would they cite the homeschooling? I even asked to get a copy of the asvab line scores and was told it was because of the homeschooling. I could respect the line score answer.
It's non-traditional and they probably want some extra credibility that he has what it takes make it as a nuke. A metric ton of people fail out of that course every year. It could also have to do with what kind of math courses he took in your home school program. Certain math courses are required, have to be recognized by certain accreditation boards, etc, etc.

It's hard to speak directly to his situation without having all of his documents in front of me, but to sum it up, no it's really not that unorthodox for them to ask him to take a NAPT considering the circumstances.

=================

Also, is Nuke really what he wants to do? I know they really sell the program to these kids that do well on the ASVAB, but is he interested in being an engineer? It's not just sitting in a control room; it's running around the ship with a wrench or circuit manual and actually doing the maintenance. Getting your hands dirty. If he's not the kind of guy who's into like fixing up cars or something then I would question if that's actually what you want to do or if he is just chasing that program because they make it seem prestigious for some reason. Once you get the Fleet, nobody really cares that you went to power school since everyone else around you did as well.

There's a million other cool things you can do that require a strong intelligence aptitude; not just nuclear power generation lol
Us spooky intelligence folks are a good example ;)

/r
CTT1