View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
bbrandon92

bbrandon92 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO_Davidson View Post
iv been told by a lot of people that if you have anything medically wrong with you not to bother got to SIQ cause they will send you home. my biggest fear is that iv never seen snow and i ship out in 39 days and i really dont want to get sent home for a common cold!
LOL that was everyones fear throughout all of bootcamp. YOU WILL NOT GET SENT HOME! heres the deal. your GOING to get sick, and be sick most of bootcamp. Its just the way it is. If you start feeling a little ill tell your yeomen in the morning and go to sick call, tell them you DONT want to be SIQ and unless your deathly ill they won't put you on SIQ they will just give you some cold medicine and send you on your way. I went to sick call a few times and never got sent home for that reason, nor did any of my ship mates. I even got strep throat and had to get a second peanut butter shot, was SIQ for 2 days, LLD for a week. Didnt miss anything
They scare you into thinking your gonna get sent home or asmo'd but in all reality it looks bad on the RDC's when that happens.
They don't say it, or show it, but if your honestly trying hard and not slacking, the RDC's, teachers, trainers and staff are doing everyhing in their power to make sure you pass.
Dont let that get to your head though, you have to try HARD. Its a tough place, 99 percent of you are gonna want to go home on your first 3 days, but after a couple weeks its not so bad, you get used to being yelled at and constantly on the move.
bbrandon92 is offline   Reply With Quote