Thread: Just out
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiakalb View Post
What happens if future sailors arrive and don't pass the initial drug test at Great Lakes, even though they passed at MEPS originally? Is there a chance to retake or so they send you straight home? I have a family member who is shipping soon. People smoke stuff around him all the time. But he doesn't do anything.

Also, if he takes his immunization papers when he ships off, will he be free of getting a million shots at Great Lakes?

Oh, one more question: What do we pack to ship to him for A school? He'll be at Great Lakes for A school.
Medical is a pain in the ass. My file had my immunization record in it and I still got shots that I had already received. What's nice though is apparently when they take the 6 (7 depending on rate) vials of blood, they can find out what you already have had. That's what I heard while I was there at least. I didn't get ALL of the shots, but I definitely got more than I probably should have. If you were hardly ever vaccinated as a kid, the most shots you'll get a day were like 7 or 8. They're split into 2 days for a total of around 16 shots.

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote