View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
drcsyntax

drcsyntax is on a distinguished road

Firstly, none of the tickets are going to pop on a background check. EXCEPT the arrest and probation. Both of those will. However, if you listed this on your SF forms, then the investigator will look at it, look at what he found, nod to himself, check it off and move on.

If you DIDN'T list it, your clearance WILL be rejected right there.

(No one really cares about normal traffic tickets that you pay off, if you made it through MEPs then they don't even matter anymore, they only bring it up because you might have a "history of disregarding authority".)

A small amount of debt is normal, you're supposed to have debt, how else do you build credit? Now, if you're constant on your payments, and you're not late, again, they won't even care. If they ask you about it; just be sure to say "I plan on paying those off quickly." Boom, done.

I don't know what you mean by charge off loan, do you mean you still owe it? Did you clear it up? Is it a "in the wind" type situation? You need to figure that out and clear it up.

Also, take my advice, get rid of two of your credit cards. Don't even wait, go and cancel them and then pay off the single one you kept, and keep that one. The only thing having multiple cards does, is give you that many more chances to screw yourself over. (cancel the cards and pay the debt that's left over normally.)
drcsyntax is offline   Reply With Quote