View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 03:32 AM   #13
HM DEEZLE

Location: NC babbbbbyyyyy ... where we're good for nothing except SWEET TEA, BBQ, and BASKETBALL
HM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to beholdHM DEEZLE is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
First, yes you qualify for HM, but...it has to be open for you to get it. Things change and open up and close each day and you can tell them you prefer to wait til it comes open before signing anything. But, then again, it could be a long wait, or short, just depends. Did you want to join soon or can you afford to wait around? Just make sure that is what you really want, as an HM you basically only get the certification of a CNA, I think you can train higher, but not to the point of an LVN or RN.
You actually can challenge the LVN test in certain states such as California...

President Obama was actually trying to make it so you can challenge the RN test(he was a corpsman). Though that may not happen, it's still interesting.

Saying a corpsman is the equivalent to a CNA is VERY wrong. I was in Nursing school and I had to get my CNA certification. As a corpsman you give shots, pass meds, insert tubes, and much more. CNAs CANNOT do any of that. Most of the HM C-Schools offer training for things a CNA would only dream of doing.. Idk where you get that CNA stuff from but all the HMs I've seen gets pissed when someone says they're equivalent to CNAs...

So as a Future HM(shipping soon) and a Current CNA I'd say that a corpsman is the equivalent to a LPN/LVN.