View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
ShaynaLace

ShaynaLace is on a distinguished road
Default I really do apologize if this isn't ok to revive.

I know we aren't supposed to "revive" old threads... but the initial post in this one sounded like it might be a "sticky" one day. When doing a search, this was the thread with the most input and information.

Mods: Can we make this a sticky??

Since this thread HAS been on here a little while, alex.martinez: Do you have any more insight on being vegetarian/vegan in bootcamp?

Anyone else that may have more insight... even just by observation, if you weren't veggie... what are the range of food options?

I would like to note, I am fully aware no one will "cater" to my dietary wants... (Not needs... just wants...) but I would like to continue eating as close to "simple" vegan as I can.

I don't eat anything "fancy" or "gourmet". I'm not asking for someone to whip me up a vegan pizza, or vegan lasagna. I really just eat straight from the source, and try to eat "mono" meals. (Only 1 item)

A pretty standard day for me looks like this:
***Breakfast: 8-10 bananas+1L water+1/4c coconut sugar (I like to blend them because I can get my first liter of water in for the day, but will eat them whole on-the-run if I don't have time)
***Lunch: I typically workout through the lunch hours... so I don't typically eat lunch. (Still full from breakfast as well)
***Dinner: A single complex carb source: Example: Steamed Rice, Beans, Steamed or baked potatoes, corn (gluten free) pasta, or a gluten free/dairy free bread (and make pizza with pasta sauce and peppers).

I do not add any salt or oil to any food at home... but I also understand in order to not be reclusive... I will eat food that has it if I am eating out.

Also, I only drink water. No soda, tea, coffee, milk... nothing. I really only drink juice if I juice it myself.

I like to eat until full... I'm not even going to pretend that I limit calories. I eat between 2500-3500 calories a day. Is that even possible to do at bootcamp? Do they have "portion" limits? From the sounds of it... I think I might be ok if portion sizes aren't restricted. Will they jump my butt if I walk over and grab 8 bananas?! LOL!

Ideally, I would have bananas or dairy free oatmeal for breakfast, and rice, beans, or potatoes for dinner. (I can put away 3-4 baking potatoes just by myself). Do they have just straight steamed rice or beans at bootcamp?

When I keep it simple and abundant, my body balances its own weight right where it needs to be, acne disappears, digestion only takes 30 minutes from enter to exit (you're welcome for that elaboration... Lmao)... and I run faster, hit harder, and study better than ever before.

Wow this is long! Again! I hope this is ok to be revived into a sticky?! Any insight on food at bootcamp would be greatly appreciated! Fingers crossed for simple and abundant!
ShaynaLace is offline   Reply With Quote