View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #10
KaLinux

KaLinux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Hey shipmate, thanks for reaching out!

First off, cleaver user name ;) I see you there haha

So on the CTN/IT side of things, have you contacted the SELRES community managers yet? There's two sides to the story: what the paperwork says and what the situation actually is in the force. Seeing as CTN2 and IT2 are both CREO 1, I would expect room to open up below that as most of those guys should move up at some point. A good place to inquire would be the SELRES community managers for those rates. Their entire job is to help manage these things and usually they are very approachable and willing to answer questions. The contact number for Technical Advisor (TECHAD/Community Managers) is (901) 874-4338. Give them a call and they can put you in contact with the CTN and IT TECHADs respectively.

I don't see the Jamaican girl being a huge issue in your investigation process. It's almost out of scope anyway (TS goes back 10 years) and it sounds like you didn't keep contact. The investigators will look at you as a whole, not just one part about your past, when deciding to grant clearance or not.

Let me know if you need some further support or clarification!!

/r
CTT1
CTT1,

You are the bomb! I have been stressing out about this subject for the past 2 years. I am glad to have you there for assistance. If I could write you up a NAM or at least a MOVSM for this, I most certainly would lol. I will contact the Community Managers. I haven't spoken to them since 2013. Hopefully they will have good news for me because all I've been looking at is what was on paper and bouncing it off of what the recruiters has been telling me. Honestly though, if you could see how many tabs I have up on CTN, NECs, ONET, NavyCool, NAVADMINS...it's craziness. In all honesty, CTN is what I want to do with my life. I've finished about 3/4 of my BS from Drexel and I am IAT II. JCAC would be exhilarating for me because most of what may be taught there, I've already learned or do for work. All I can say now is "Wish Me Luck." I'll keep you updated as to my situation.

Oh and thanks for noticing my username lol. Just a nod, and to let them know that I am about this life lol
KaLinux is offline   Reply With Quote