View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
Raca1234
**Active Duty**

Raca1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
If that's really the case, then then the military probably isn't for you. You're absolutely going to be in a position at some point where you're not doing your dream job. If you're limiting yourself to FMF and FMF only, then you should probably look into something else because there's only so much of a chance to get that specific duty in that specific rate. I'm not saying it's impossible, but you need to be ready to accept it if it doesn't happen.

***EDIT***
That's not to say though you couldn't go FMF after your first tour if you don't get it the first time around. But that would take a few years.

You're most likely not going to have a say in your first duty station. After your first tour is when you actually get to start picking orders for real. Personally the East Coast was alright. I always hear West Coast sailors talking about how much better it is out that way; but the grass is always greener right? haha

/r
CTT1
I'm only saying if I was offered a choice, I would take FMF over others. I'm perfectly fine with sticking it out, I know as long as I'm an HM I'll be happy. I'd be content if I was just a basic corpsman, or if they told me that they need me as a surgical tech, that's fine! I know I can always try something different down the road. I'll probably try and try and try, until I could get offered an FMF spot, but if it never happens, then it happens. Needs of the Navy I guess.
Raca1234 is offline   Reply With Quote