View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #145
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

I received this question via PM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubbs
Hi, CTT1

While I was reading through your post, I found a link you put up for the CTN's working with SpecOps and such. But when I clicked on it, there was nothing but coding on the page. Do you know of any other places I could find that information? I would love to know more about it.
CT's going into the Spec Ops world do so under a program called TIO (Tactical Information Operations). You're not going to find much information out there about TIO due to the obvious classified nature of the job.

In a nut-shell though, SEALs are the ones trained to go in and get the bad guys, while there will almost always be at least 1 CT with them to handle all the secret squirrel intelligence stuff. The operator side of TIO goes out on the missions with them, while back at base there's also CT analysts waiting to pour over the intel that comes back. So there is a CT involved with both phases of the mission.

TIO is typically something you would start looking at after you've been in the fleet for a few years. It's very rare they would pick someone up right out of A-school. You need to be in Spec Ops shape and have some experience doing your job. A seasoned 2nd Class Petty Officer in prime shape would be an ideal candidate, although a motivated candidate could possibly get picked up sooner. You can either talk to your detailer about applying, or depending where you're stationed, a TIO recruiter might come by looking for interested candidates. Either way, you're going to need to be the one who's tracking people down for information and to apply.

Below is a link with a brief description of TIO
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...s/1306-984.pdf

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote