Thread: 2015 IT's
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 12:27 AM   #15
ShotOfWSC
**Active Duty**

ShotOfWSC is on a distinguished road

enerG,

Comms is different than network in that it isn't as applicable in the civilian world as network...there are jobs out there for that skill set though (major cell towers, radio companies, satellite controlling companies or anything that deals with knowledge of telecommunications or the RF and EM field). Also, like I stated, you will learn both sides. Comms and network are different, but when you become and IT, you will see how they correlate with each other to form the entire rating. Network, however, is a more valuable skill set if you look at civilian opportunities. In the civilian sector, your clearance will probably be more valuable than anything though. I just think comms is more fun, being that I've done more stuff than people can imagine. If you plan on getting out though, then yes...network gives you the more valuable and marketable skill set. I'm sure you can imagine what kind of experience running 3+ networks will give you.

Tay,

IT advancement is good right now actually. Better than A LOT of other ratings, that's for sure. I just took my test for 2nd, and pretty sure I'm gonna make it first time up. You'll pick up and advance in pay grade pretty quickly. So, IT is def not a bad choice if you're looking at advancement opportunities.
ShotOfWSC is offline   Reply With Quote