Thread: Ask A Seabee
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

The military as a whole is downsizing, and the Seabee's have been hit pretty hard. There have been a few battalions decommissioned over the past few years and advancement has not been the best. Advancement over the past few cycles has picked up a bit, most Seabee rates are just below average for E4 and get worse the higher you go. It seems to vary which rate had the best chances cycle by cycle but all in all Seabee advancement is worse than in the fleet. A few years ago a few rates were locked at zero advancement but that has picked up since then. I do know of a few people who have cross-rated, and a couple of those were told that was their only way of staying active. I've been in for just under two years so it hasn't really affected me too bad, I picked up third easily and most people I was in A school with have picked up third also. The bright side is that if you are on your game and are a good Seabee then you will do well and go far, there will always be someone who advances, it's just up to you. I personally love what I do and where I am and wouldn't change it at all.

Feel free to ask anything else.
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote