View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:45 PM   #25
DirtyYellow

DirtyYellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott.henry View Post
If you are a US citizen you are eligible for the Nuke program. Your clearance might take a little longer to come through than most, but your parents citizenship does not affect your eligibility.
I've been reading through these threads from various sources for about a year now but I just made an account because I saw this particular post.

I enlisted as a Nuke last year around August, and concerning the whole having parents from a different country thing, it won't really complicate things. I'm from the Philippines and so are my parents, the only real issue was that 1) It took a year to get my security clearance. 2) My parents are divorced and one isn't a citizen and we lost track of him. And 3)Passports. In my case, I had 3 passports plus a green card. When my passports expired and had to get updated, it made a crap ton of problems because it implies that I had dual citizenship. Anyways my recruiters said it would be fine but at MEPs they said they can't give me Nuke until this all got sorted out. So I flew out from Georgia to San Francisco to go to the consulate to renounce any form of allegiance to the Philippines and also giving up my passports and getting a piece of paper stating I did so. Anyways, once all of that was done, it was a legit waiting game and a few chats with the investigator. Other than that I'm off the hook and will be shipping this Tuesday July 11th for boot camp as a Nuke.
Good luck to you, hope you make it too!
DirtyYellow is offline   Reply With Quote