View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
bronxCTM

bronxCTM is on a distinguished road

I probably will post after boot.

If you are going in for the practice ASVAB, don't sweat the results too much. I was a down having only scored a 79 on the practice ASVAB because I told my recruiter (he asked around what range I would get on it) I would be in the 90s (I was talking with the MC recruiter at that moment).

I actually didn't do any real studying but just did practice questions. They really do help (I bought ASVAB for dummies book). I reversed the numbers and got a 97 on my actual ASVAB. Actual ASVAB is a lot "easier" than the practice ASVAB. I say "easier" because the questions are pretty similar but the scoring will probably be different--practice ASVAB I believe is a score (percentile) based on a static algorithm and isn't "renormalized" like the real ASVAB is every so often. For example (and this is just my theory, not necessarily fact), on the practice ASVAB 75% of everyone who takes it could get below a 50 but really only 50% of the people who take it are supposed to get below a 50.

As for getting exactly what you want (CTN), you'll want to do well on both tests in the math/arithmetic contingent as well as General Sciences.
bronxCTM is offline   Reply With Quote