View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
amcarr

amcarr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
My son leaves for bootcamp Jan 7, 14... He will be a HM..
I guess HM school is in Tx now ( when I went it was Great Lakes) Do the ymake the hm's go to FMF or is it still optional? And how can he get the "C" school he wants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustaUSNwife View Post
You get the C-school you want by doing well in Corps School. They won't force him to go to FMTB though.

He may or may not get the c school he wants. He may or may not have to go FMF. It all depends on the orders available when its time for his class to pick.

I graduated June 2012. Two classes ahead of me, every male had to go FMTB. The next class, right before mine, had Zero FMTB orders. For my class there was 20 available FMTB orders and only 15 got chosen. As far as C-Schools available, about 20 chose to go that route, and they were the basic ones that are always available because most people who go to the fleet dont want to chose them: Pharmacy Tech, Surge Tech, and Lab Tech.

Given the fact that the Marines are cutting back numbers, by 20,000, and asking to cut how many corpsman are attached to each marine unit, the necessity of FMF corpsman wont be so high, but it makes sense for as many corpsman to go through FMTB just in case another war or something might break out. Plus its better to go through FMTB while your younger.
amcarr is offline   Reply With Quote