View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #15
KaLinux

KaLinux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazu View Post
Although ETs don't really delve into the IT world if you're at a NOSC there's a possibility of catching IT as a collateral duty. My NOSC has an LS running the network. He has several other collaterals, but IT is one of them.
With that, I'm kinda surprised CTN is locked up. So many folks drop from the school. And advancement has been 100% for E4 for a while. Anyway, best of luck to you. When you hit your duty station start asking for collateral duty in IT. You may land something.
I wish I could stay with my unit. I'm an ET attached to Navy Cargo Handling Battalion 8. I like my Chain of Command there. It's been explained to me that I won't stay there once I finish ET A school. I've been looking at RFAS billets. There are billets out there that I can fill as an ET. These RFAS billets have a code that allows either ET, IT, or CTN to fill them. These billets are actually IT rating billets. A chunk of them are with the DIA.

CTN is wide open in the reserves but I was unable to convert to CTN3 because CTNs get push-button E4 once school is finished. Big Navy takes that into account and says they only want about 4 CTN3s reserve-wide. When I chose to reenlist, Big Navy said 4 was 100% manning and there were 44. The numbers are still like that. NPC shows CTN convert-in opportunities for E3/5/6 and convert-out for E4. E4 has been a hindrance for me lol.
KaLinux is offline   Reply With Quote