View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

In most cases, only Lack of Effort drops will be sent undes. I've seen cases where LOAs went undes, but very rarely and only when there were no other openings for them.

I have seen relanguages, but they're also fairly rare. Most people will get a new rating, and I'd say about half stay CTs - I know DLI drops who are now CTTs, CTRs, CTNs, and CTMs.

I also met people who went MA, LS, AD, Seabee (not sure which rating) etc etc. If you're a good Sailor, leadership will go to bat to get you a rate you'll like.

Having said all this, going in expecting to fail is the wrong attitude to have about DLI because it'll be a self-fulfilling prophecy. A 124 is a good score. Testing skills are important to CTIs. You know what we do at DLI? Lots of tests. You know how we measure our proficiency in our languages? DLPTs, which for most languages are multiple choice tests. Don't worry about "fluency", because a) that's not what DLI does and b) there's no consensus on what the word even means as applied to linguists.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote