Thread: A School Length
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #6
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinlynn6 View Post
Has anyone gotten an answer to the length of training under the new curriculum. The rate sheet for GM still says 27 weeks but most people say 16-17 for ATT and A school combined. One theory I read was total training (including boot camp) made the length of training approximately 27 weeks.
I wouldn't be focusing too much on those numbers.
Once he arrives at school there is going to be some time between then and when he actually starts training anyway. You don't just show up and get into class the next day.

So some parts of the year it'll go faster than others. I'm pretty sure some of it is also CBT now (Computer Based Training) which can vary your timeline a bit based on how fast the Sailor completes those.

He'll leave RTC and head over to the A-school side and get indoc'd over there. He'll get a barracks room, get assigned a duty section, probably do some "hey you're out of boot camp now, here's how to function as an adult" classes, some financial classes on how to manage money now that he's getting a real paycheck, etc. From then until when he starts class he'll most likely be doing work and standing watches around the base. Should have plenty of downtime as well after getting adjusted and situated.

If you have some specific questions I can message a few of my buddies over there. They're also 1st Class PO's and are in charge of the guys coming over from RTC.

/r
CTT1